[Wine] Re: debugging / dll file / wine / company of heroes

Tlarhices wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 11 19:25:11 CDT 2008

cometa wrote:
> plz help me, what sould i do? reconfigure xconf? agp-aperture size? i think its because of the direct3d dll.
>
> fglrx is running:
>

> > display: :0.0  screen: 0
> > OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
> > OpenGL renderer string: Radeon X1900 Series
> > OpenGL version string: 2.1.7415 Release
> >

> http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=6860&iTestingId=13026
>
> http://wine-review.blogspot.com/2008/03/directx-90c-march-2008-redistributable.html

It's actually not a good idea to do this, see http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=667&highlight=direct for more details about this.
Did you try with wine's own directx implementation before installing microsoft's one ?

To disable compiz, go into System -> Preference -> Appearance in the "visual effects" tab, select "None"
or if you prefer by command line type :

Code:
metacity --replace