[Wine] Wineserver is not shooting down

Ludger wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 12 17:18:04 CDT 2008

First - Wine is great. I love it totally.

To login into a company website I have to use IE6 - Firefox is not handling the Web Site due to some reglementations.

IE6 runs fine and there are NO problems. Only after exit, the Wineserver keeps running and takes away a lot CPU Power. I can stop it manually (System Monitor -> Process. Right Click and I can stop it (and it relieves the Power from the CPU). But if I want to start some wine programs later, it's not starting to run.

Why (or how) can the Wineserver be stopped automatic after using wine ? How can I start Wineserver to run IE6 ? I tried wineserver -k . Does not work.

Thanks for any help.

Ludger