[Wine] Re: Starting a Linux application for a windows file in wine

dreamstogo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 13 11:17:00 CDT 2008

Thank you vitamin and Dan Kegel.

Here's what I had to do to get this working from within Infocentral.

I created the run_prog as per the code from vitamin. I made it executable.

I added a key to [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.xls] with data as "xcelfile"

I added the key [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\xcelfile\Shell\Open\command]
/usr/bin/run_prog /usr/bin/oocalc "%1"

Note that the command is slightly different from that posted by vitamin. I don't know why, but it works. Now when I click on an excel file in Infocentral, oocalc opens the spreadsheet correctly.

- I didn't need the /bin/sh
- I did need to fully qualify the run_prog path.
- I didn't need the \"%1\", I just needed "%1"

This has also solved my spaces in path names issue - the "" I suppose.

Now I need to create entries for .doc files etc.

Thank you very much for your excellent help and speed of reply.

Best wishes

Hilary