[Wine] Surround 6ch sound on Wine?

psychok9 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 14 11:25:14 CDT 2008

I use Wine for play World of Warcraft, that support on Windows, 6 channel sounds mixing software.
On Ubuntu 8.04 and Wine i get only stereo output.
I've tried to do this .asoundrc for "force" use on Wine, of 6channels and I don't get any sound.

Code:
pcm.!default {
	type dmix
	ipc_key 1024
	ipc_key_add_uid false # let multiple users share
	ipc_perm 0660 # IPC permissions (octal, default 0600)
	slave {
		pcm "hw:0,0" # see below
		rate 48000
		channels 6
		period_time 0
		period_size 1024
		buffer_time 0
		buffer_size 4096
	}
}

pcm.asym51 {
           type asym
           playback.pcm "dmixs51"
           capture.pcm "hw:0,0" # this might be "dsnoop:0"
}

pcm.dsp0 {
         type plug
         slave.pcm "asym51"
}

Wine can support 6 channel sound? How can I configure it?
On winecfg i've selected "alsa" and the default output is "dmix" or "default" after i make custom .asoundrc.

Thank You