[Wine] Fwd: Starting a Linux application for a windows file in wine

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed May 14 11:30:14 CDT 2008

to list as well

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>
Date: 2008/5/14
Subject: Re: [Wine] Starting a Linux application for a windows file in wine
To: "Marcel W. Wysocki" <maci at satgnu.net>

2008/5/14 Marcel W. Wysocki <maci at satgnu.net>:

 >  I can understand when he gets a bit angry from time to time, with
all this people asking the same moronic questions over and over again.

 They're different questions when they come from different people
 having the same problem.

 >  I think he is doing a good job. Show me one case where he shows a
bad attitude in response to a well-written, precise and sane question.

 Users are not developers. Wine is getting users who don't understand
 how to bring up a command prompt. I don't think having someone there
 with the specific job of driving them away is likely to help the
 project.

 - d.