[Wine] Weird problem with OpenGl based games (Quake 3 engine)

James Huk huk256 at gmail.com
Wed May 14 15:09:23 CDT 2008

I will try to explain the best I can - but honestly... it may be hard to
understand what I am talking about anyway...

Problem is like this - whatever I try to play OpenGL based game that uses
Quake 3 engine I got weird mouse "jumps". Let's take Soldier of Fortune 2
Demo as it can be downloaded for free. When in jungle I try to look left or
right - mouse jumps slightly (the transition of the cross hair not smooth)
and it is very hard to hit anything. This is not performance problem – I got
hundreds of FPS, also this does not occur under Cedega or earlier Wine (I
remember I tried wine-0.9.15 or something near that – this problem was not
there). Any suggestions?

My PC:

ECS K7VTA3B KT333
Duron 1200
384 MB RAM
GeForce 5200 128 MB (Nvidia 9755 driver installed – same problems with
newest driver)
SoundBlaster 5.1 Live!