[Wine] Re: Weird problem with OpenGl based games (Quake 3 engine)

msclrhd wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 14 16:13:28 CDT 2008

Hi,

I have tried to reproduce this using the Soldier of Fortune II Demo (using Wine 1.0 rc1) and am not seeing this issue. However, I am using a laptop PC, so it may be an issue with using a mouse instead of a touchpad.

Also, there is an issue in that relative mouse movements are not being reported by the desktop (X11) that should be addressed in a future update of the desktop. This issue impacts several games and could be what you are experiencing.

What version of wine are you using?

You may also want to see if there are any existing or similar issues in bugzilla. You may also want to add test results to the application database (AppDB), as I have found that the results submitted for Soldier are using very old versions. Doing these things will help the developers and other users.

I'm sorry I could not be of more help.

- Reece