[Wine] does WINE run on MAC OS and OpenVMS

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Thu May 15 12:11:09 CDT 2008

On Thursday 15 May 2008 04:04:43 am noble_curious wrote:

> I have two queries regarding WINE.
> 1) Is there support for VMS(OpenVMS) and MAC OS in WINE. I mean that can I
> install/build WINE over OpenVMS OS and MAC OS.

Yes, but it probably won't work if it's not an x86 Mac.  Not sure about VMS.
Essentially, the x86 architecture is required.

> 2) I have heard that WINE doesnot have support for WIN64 bit API's. Is this
> true that I cannot port WIN64 applications via WINE on Linux 64 bit.

To be fair, Windows support for 64-bit is pretty lousy as well...there's a
reason you can count the number of 64-bit Windows licenses on your digits
without taking shoes off...

--
Paul Johnson
baloo at ursine.ca