[Wine] World of warcraft in wine

johwes wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 16 00:16:09 CDT 2008

Hello there.

I'm having a problem with world of warcraft. I cant really say if its driver related or wine related and thought i'd ask here to get some tips.

Anyway i'm running 64-bit ubuntu hardy heron
My machine is

8 Gb ram
Core 2 Duo CPU
NVIDIA 8800 GT

Anyway to the problem at hand. I ran the install inside wine. Worked like a charm. Fired up the game in opengl mode also worked like a charm. Logg in and i can play for a random amount of time before my computer crash (and i mean really crash i need to power off my computer since i cant reach back to Xwindows in anyway, my monitor even goes into sleep mode). I've tried the drivers from both ubuntu and the beta from nvidia. Running wine 1.0-rc1.

Any tips to either generate some debug output or tips in some direction would be awsome.

/J