[Wine] Patching Wine 1.0-rc1 with 3dmark.diff

csocean wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 16 04:45:52 CDT 2008

Hey guys,

I'm a new Ubuntu convert (installed through Wubi, and am blown away!)

I'd love to get wine working so I play games etc, but I've got a lot of learning to do when it comes to installing and getting things working.

So, I want to use the 1.0-rc1 version of wine, but CoD4 requires the 3dmark.diff patch.

This is what I think I need to be doing:
 with the 3dmark.diff file (from http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=8548) in the extracted wine-1.0-rc1 directory (from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wine/wine-1.0-rc1.tar.bz2)

Code:

patch -p1 < 3dmark.diff

However, I'm getting an error:
[code]
patching file dlls/wined3d/directx.c
Hunk #2 FAILED at 2044.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 2361.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 2423.
3 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/wined3d/directx.c.rej
[code]

following which I can't run ./configure

Am I doing the right thing?!  Could someone point me in the right direction?  Thanks :)[/code]