[Wine] Call for help with Wine 1.0 testing

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri May 16 09:58:03 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 10:43 PM, John Klehm <xixsimplicityxix at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I wrote a postprocessor to do it.  It's at http://kegel.com/wine/skipgood.pl.txt
>> An example of its output is at http://kegel.com/wine/failing.html
>> It really does make it easier to see all the failures.
>
> Your webserver doesn't like serving your skipgood.pl.txt file =/

Bleah.  I added a symlink, you can see it now at
http://kegel.com/wine/skipgood.txt

I also updated http://kegel.com/wine/failing.html
It's very interesting to see what's failing!

The d3d9/visual tests seemed to pass for Jeremy White, but only because
a skip() was missing.  Patch sent,
http://winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2008-May/054930.html

The only tests that are failing for every system are shell32:shelllink
and d3d9/visual.
shelllink doesn't fail when run via make test,
so it might be a winetest artifact.

Do the d3d9/visual tests really pass for *anybody*?

The user32/msg tests pass if you have a good window manager, as noted
on http://wiki.winehq.org/MakeTestFailures

As Jeremy suggested, several of the remaining failures might
be missing packages at build time, and we could deal with some
of those by making them mandatory.
- Dan