[Wine] Wine support 4core CPU?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Fri May 16 23:53:52 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:
> James McKenzie wrote:
>
>> It only uses on core at a time.  There is an issue referencing this.
>>

> Wrong. [Exclamation]
>
> Wine uses everythin available to the system. If your system sees all those 4 cores, then Wine will happily use all those 4 cores.

Is Wine cleanly multi-threaded?  I did not think it was.  Thus it will
happily use one Core (as it does here) and leave the rest of the system
for other applications.  I've run 99.5% on one program with the other
core left alone.  Maybe, I'm reading that incorrectly then.  BTW, I have
an Intel Duo Core on my system here.

James McKenzie