[Wine] win16mutex

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat May 17 04:00:22 CDT 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 1:07 AM, Peter Alcibiades
<palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> > Does anyone know a reliable way around this?  Comes up when first trying
>> > to install a Win98 app, after which installation freezes.
>>
>> What app?  Got a download URL?
>> What version of Wine?
>
> Dan, by the way, I tried using different emulations - win95, 98, NT, XP.  Same
> thing.  And I tried setting noexec=off in the kernel startup parameters, same
> thing.  This is on AMD 64 and the 64 bit version of Lenny.  I can try on 32
> bit Mandriva if you think that would help.

Please tell me which version of Wine this is.
You can get the version number by opening a terminal window
and typing
  wine --version

Please tell me what application you're trying to install, and where
one can download it from, if anywhere.

Yes, trying on a 32 bit OS could help get around some configuration problems.
- Dan