[Wine] how to share wine programs between users?

rkleemann wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 18 09:50:51 CDT 2008

Hi,

I installed Office 2007 under my account, but mostly it is my wife that needs to use it.

I hadn't realized that installs apply only to the particular user account.

Isn't there a way to install software such that wine can use it for any user on the system?

I tried moving my .wine directory to /home/.wine and then symlinking ~/.wine, but that only works for me... if I try it under my wife's account I get an error that wine isn't owned by her. So the .wine directory has to be owned by the user in order for wine to work.

It would be nice to be able to share applications. Can that be done in any way?

Thanks
Ricardo