[Wine] Re: how to share wine programs between users?

rkleemann wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 18 16:47:00 CDT 2008

Marcel W. Wysocki wrote:

> > Ok, this almost worked.
> >
> > I'm actually able to run Office on the other user account if I browse to Program Files/Office and double click on winword.exe.
> >
> > The Wine menu for running Office only appears on my account, it does not appear on the other account... How is that menu built up?
> >

> check .local/share
> and .config
> in your home dir

almost there... I copied the menus info from my account to the other account. Now the Office menus do appear but they're called wine-menus-Microsoft Office and they don't show the application icons... plus clicking on the application does not bring up the app...

So simply copying them doesn't work. :-(