[Wine] Regression From Platinum: SkyGlobe

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu May 22 10:05:54 CDT 2008

http://wiki.winehq.org/PlatinumRegressionHunt
says you should try to verify that the appdb is right
when it says the app is platinum with a particular
old version of wine before declaring a regression.
Did you try that?

In this case, the appdb says it was platinum with wine-0.9.25, but
when I try it under that version here, I get a crash,
Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0xffffffff in 32-bit
code (0x7bc64f8f).
Running with current wine gets the same kind of error you had,
fixme:ddraw:VGA_ioport_out Unsupported index, register 0x3c4: 0x02
but doesn't crash.
So on this machine, it's working *better* than wine-0.9.25.
(I'm using the old dapper wine-0.9.25 package on gutsy... maybe
that's the problem?)