[Wine] Office XP - possible to install?

Daniel Kasak dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au
Fri May 23 00:14:41 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 22:42 -0500, vitamin wrote:

> Daniel Kasak wrote: > I've then followed the instructions for
>  installing on Gentoo ( install IE6 via ies4linux, etc, etc ), part-way
>  down the page at: >
>  http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3514
>
> Then don't bother asking here.

Yes. Good day to you too.

>  If you using ies4linux - your Wine
>  configuration can not be supported. Refer to makers of that .... thing
>  if you  have any problems.

Hmmm. Well, the advise with respect to getting apps going seems to be to
follow instructions in the AppDB. In fact, I'd even suggest that this is
the whole purpose of the AppDB. I followed those instructions. Maybe
these particular instructions shouldn't be there? The thing is that they
are the most complete and promising instructions around. There is a
DISTINCT lack of other instructions.

But anyway, as I noted, after attempting via this method a couple of
times, I wiped .wine and started with a 'naked' config ... which got me
precisely nowhere. If my use of ies4linux offends you so much, please
forget that I used it, and only pay attention to the part where I
started with a clean profile and ran setup.exe

> BTW RC1 version is horribly broken - you'd be lucky getting anything to install/work with it.

Hmmm. Good RC then. I can't win, right? Let me put the fire under you
once more by pointing out that IE6 'just worked' :)

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer
email: dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au