[Wine] Re: Why is wineprefixcreate deprecated?

Bamm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 24 22:46:53 CDT 2008

austin987 wrote:
> The need to create a new prefix before running an actual program is a rarity nowadays. In that event, use winecfg/wineboot/notepad/etc.

I understand, and it's just the way I do things. I create a new "bottle" for each app I want, and then make sure the environment is suitable before running setup.exe. So most people would not need it, but the command should stay there for the sake of people who do. Using winecfg/wineboot/notepad aren't solutions, they are workarounds. Its great that there is a command specifically for creating a prefix.