[Wine] Re: Why is wineprefixcreate deprecated?

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 25 11:19:48 CDT 2008

James McKenzie wrote:

> Which programs require this?  Are they listed in the Applications
> Database and is there a bug report for each and every one of them?  If
> the last two do not exist, don't ever expect them to be fixed and that
> is a 'bad thing'.

No they are not listed and they are not applications per se and will not be a target for Wine to fix it.
First application that caused troubles when starting from outside of the prefix was windows scripting. Second application causing trouble is the licensing utility (from the days it was working). it is putting installations files near the main installation exe and if this is not in the prefix it can't find them again (problem registering a file outside C:??).
For dlls override it don't see that it would be sorted out.
fusion.dll and secur32.dll are in Wine but not in System32 and as long as they appear I will add them (note that for all the dlls I add, a dummy dll would be fine too, since even without registering it serves my purpose).