[Wine] Trouble installing X-Lite 3.0 in Wine

rye wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 25 14:02:22 CDT 2008

I've been trying to install X-Lite 3.0 in Wine, and when I run the installer I get the error message:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\ataplugin\ATAPlugIn.ax

Unable to register the DLL/OCX: DllRegisterServer failed; code 0x800700CB

I've tried copying the ATAPlugIn.ax file from my Windows partition, but that didn't work; I have no idea what to make of the second line of the error message.  The AppDB only seems to have old entries for X-Lite; has anyone tried this recently, and does anyone know how to fix / get around this error?

Thanks!