[Wine] self-fixing problems

Bond Masuda bm007 at cox.net
Sun May 25 19:52:08 CDT 2008

I would have to agree with this suggestion. The "How To" section on the
website seems mainly focused for application developers. The only
"resource" for users is to goto AppDB and see if you get lucky, or
trying this mailing list.

As for AppDB, it would be more useful if reports included information on
setup/configuration details so other users know what settings need to be
changed to make an application run under wine. Right now, any such
information is purely voluntary in the "comments" section; it would be
nice to see a few questions with drop down lists to select from. For
example, my recent attempt to get EE2 working requires that "Emulate
Virtual Desktop" be enabled. (i've now posted that info to AppDB)

Just my $0.02