[Wine] Application does not start or lacks functionalities

Francesco Pietra chiendarret at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 10:54:09 CDT 2008

Perhaps you missed my first pot on this issue:
Following upgrading from etch to lenny (Debian Linux i386 gnome) the two Windods applications that I used either do not start or lack functionality.
Installed wine wine_bin wine_utils libwine_alsa _cms _gl _gphoto _ldap  vers 1.0-rc1-1_print _sane. I have purged out completely all these file and reinstalled. Same errors below:

The application that does not start:

francesco at deb32:~$ "/home/francesco/.wine/drive_c/myfirstprogram.EXE"
fixme:ole:CoResumeClassObjects stub
francesco at deb32:~$

francesco at deb32:~$ wine "c:\myfirstprogram.EXE"
fixme:ole:CoResumeClassObjects stub
francesco at deb32:~$

The application that lacks functionality:

francesco at deb32:~$ "/home/francesco/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/mysecondprogram.exe"
fixme:msvcrt:__lconv_init  stub
fixme:shdocvw:PersistStreamInit_InitNew (0x16f2c0)
err:ole:ITypeInfo_fnInvoke did not find member id -518, flags 0x4!
err:ole:ITypeInfo_fnInvoke did not find member id -517, flags 0x4!
fixme:shdocvw:OleInPlaceObject_InPlaceDeactivate (0x16f2c0)
fixme:shdocvw:OleObject_Close (0x16f2c0)->(1)
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x10098), partial stub!
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!

Thanks for any suggestion to fix the problems.
chiendarret
 At any event, I'll try my hint about ole32
chiendarret