[Wine] [Game] Final Fantasy 7 does not work

Fatal Error wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 28 03:39:08 CDT 2008

Hi at all

i have a great problem with mi wine.
i have Xubuntu 6.06 (dapper drake) on my Asus L8400 Notebook.
i cannot post my Sys definitions, cuz i haven't a tool like siw.exe whos runnig under linux.

when i start my ff7, a litle moment after, there appears a error message.

> Unable to locate a MIDI-Device. Final Fantasy VII requires a Windows95-compliant MIDI Device.

my console print follow text:

Code:
root at error-laptop:/home/fatal-error# wine ff7
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:456:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:456:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
root at error-laptop:/home/fatal-error#

Code:
root at error-laptop:/home/fatal-error# wine --version
Wine 0.9.9
root at error-laptop:/home/fatal-error#

this wine was in my Synaptics so i think its the actual version for my linux.

are there enough informations for you to help me or is there something i forgot?