[Wine] Re: [Game] Final Fantasy 7 does not work

Fatal Error wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 28 04:33:29 CDT 2008

Marcel W. Wysocki wrote:
> On Wed, 28 May 2008 03:47:01 -0500
> "Fatal Error" <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>

> > ah that means i havent midi^^ now i see. hmm but as far as i know has my machine midi... is this a package that i need?
> >
> > see, i know these are stupid questions but i'm realy new on linux.
> >

> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Midi/SoftwareSynthesisHowTo?action=show&redirect=MidiSoftwareSynthesisHowTo
>

> --
> Marcel W. Wysocki <maci at satgnu.net>

so i've done this tutorial (big thx) and now i can play MIDI files (tested with a midi file from www.vgmusic.com).

Code:
root at error-laptop:/home/fatal-error# wine ff7
root at error-laptop:/home/fatal-error# wine "c:/program files/ff7/ff7config.exe"
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:456:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
root at error-laptop:/home/fatal-error#

now i'm hopeless. setting up timidity exactly like the tutorial including this special lib eaw... and it doesn't work.

i think i forgot one stupid little thing but i don't see it.
can it realy be the root whos producing this error?