[Wine] Re: self-fixing problems

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 28 10:50:20 CDT 2008

Would it be possible to make some kind of index of the most frequent problem, (but not a bugzilla).

Like I say "install failed to finalize with error 1603" (for .NET installation) - other places I see that it had been fixed, what does 1603 mean then??

Then I could add reference to all places I found hints of the problems like mentioning that the same error of my logs appeared on Windows during betas and had been cleared with a Patch from Microsoft - it was an installer problem.

I could mention that installing a Windows patch on Wine is failing too.

Then I would like a category "errors connecting to server", various problems with assemblies etc.
People having problems with drivers would get one and another for people having problems with directx.

The difference to the Bugzilla is that there would not be a bug with one user and the developers. This could be discussed between users. Bugzilla is not a place for discussing since it would be closed with some mentions like "Bugzilla is not a self-help support" - the difference why people post their problems in forums, they want to know if others experienced the same.