[Wine] No C Drive

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Wed May 28 14:26:04 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 27 May 2008 06:31:18 pm Buttink wrote:
> i didnt run it as root but with super user thingy sudo

A difference without distinction:  sudo, for all intents and purposes == root.
DO NOT USE root PRIVLEGES FOR ANYTHING unless explicitly required, and even
then, SECOND GUESS IT!  IE, "Hmm, it says it needs root.  Should I /really/
run it as root?"  9 times out of 10, the answer is "NO!"

> but then again you have to have that to do anything so...

No, 100% of what you can do in Linux that doesn't involve system
administration can be accomplished very easily without root privleges.  If
you're running into permissions problems at this point, it's probably because
running stuff as root has fucked up your permissions.  Read the archives:
This is NOT new territory for this mailing list.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo at ursine.ca

Explaination of .pgp part: http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Mail/rant-gpg.html