[Wine] Wine and .NET 2.0: URL_ParseUrl errors

mcgd wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 29 05:21:54 CDT 2008

Hi,

I have (I think) successfully installed .NET framework 2.0 on Wine 0.9.58.  The installer says it finished ok.

But I cannot run any .NET apps.  I tried the simple app described in bug 10467 (FastMD5), and I get these errors:

fixme:process:IsWow64Process (0xffffffff 0x33f8dc) stub!
fixme:virtual:NtAllocateVirtualMemory MEM_WRITE_WATCH type not supported
fixme:ole:CoGetContextToken stub
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing"
fixme:win:WIN_CreateWindowEx Parent is HWND_MESSAGE
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Accessibility"
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33dc68,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing.resources"

If I try others I get stack overflows like the one described in bug 10467, but I do have the l_intl.nls file present.

I'm wondering if these "ParseUrl" errors are to blame.  Seems that maybe Wine is having trouble getting these DLLs?  Does anyone know what this error means?  Do I need Mono or something else as well as Wine to run .NET apps?