[Wine] Re: How about this replacement of WINE.

Phobos wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 30 09:19:36 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 8:09 PM, bussuser <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > but ... http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Flinux.insigma.com.cn%2Fjszl.asp%3Fdocid%3D122805676&langpair=zh%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
> >

> Sadly, it looks like they used ReactOS code.  This might be
> a problem, since some of the ReactOS code may be tainted
> with Microsoft copyrighted materials.  (The ReactOS folks will
> deny this, but the Wine project does not trust their assurances.)
> - Dan

> 4) any effort that uses reactos source code may run into copyright trouble
> during a future code audit / lawsuit (because some reactos developers
> have seen internal microsoft source code)

that made me wonder... do you happen to have any proof of that?

maybe if people knows where the problem lies, they can prevent the copyright problem, right?... and maybe they can work with wine devs more easily..

and I also happen to agree some bilingual expert would be nice to have to understand that project easier hehe