[Wine] Re: .dll settings?

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 31 10:30:45 CDT 2008

Arthur Squassabia wrote:
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 1:30 PM, vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>

> > Arthur Squassabia wrote:
> >
> > > all of my games that i try to install all ask me ti install directx,
> > >

> > What Wine version are you using? And what games are you talking about?
> >

> i'm using version 0.9.61 i dont want to use 1.0 until it's finished.

You better reconsider and use the latest available version. That way you will help catch any last minute issues.

Arthur Squassabia wrote:

> as for games, it's mainly heroes of might and magic III complete, and civ3,
> i've had issues with others but i checked the appDB and they're not working there either.

Ah those old things. They are asking for the old version of DX... even on windows. You can safely ignore that.

HoMM 3 works fine here (even unpatched) with rc1+
But Civ3 still has problems....