[Wine] Re: Also a new user.

vocalfons wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 31 10:48:01 CDT 2008

*disclaimer* this how to is not geek-proof. Try at your own risk, I managed to f*ck up my PC several times doing this. Persistent as I am, I did not give up.

Result: I have DHE running in WIne, alongside reaper.
cons: DHE does a bad screen redraw. So you mightr do things, which are not shown until you maximize-minimaze the window. Plus: wine programs start up veeeeerrrry slow now.

If someone has a fix for those problems, we're done!

Here's the howto:

*disclaimer* this how to is not geek-proof. Try at your own risk, I managed to f*ck up my PC several times doing this. Persistent as I am, I did not give up.

Download and install winetricks at http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks
Clicking this link you see a script.

(CNTRL-A, CONTRL-C) select and Copy the content
Right click on your ubuntu desktop
make a new file and call it winetricks

paste the content to that new file
rightclick the file
go to “properties”
make sure at the “rights” tab the “execute” box is checked

then doubleclick the file winetricks
choose “run in a terminal” or just “run”

there you see a bunch of packages you can install

choose
dcom98

click “ok”

Now DHE editor should work

it will start up verrrrrrryyyyy slooowwwww
so be patient

plus, the screen redraws of DHE are sometimes not done, so if you want to see the result of your action, maximize-minimize the window.

If anyone has a better idea on how to do this, or can offer a fix for the aformentioned mishaps, please contact me.

thanks.