[Wine] Re: Sketchup was unable to initialize OpenGl

DanKegel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 26 17:50:44 CST 2008

I agree that the appdb is in general the place to link to.
That wiki page links to the appdb, so it's almost what you wanted.

I created that wiki page because I'm on a tear
trying to find every post anywhere that complains
about sketchup and wine, and the appdb URLs are
so ugly I was afraid of intimidating people by posting them.

There was a proposal, and even a working prototype,
for friendlier appdb URLs, but it hasn't been put into practice yet.

Also, the appdb doesn't have a HOWTO section for the app
in general, only for the versions, and I kind of wanted a
common landing page.  I suppose we could add one in the appdb.

Finally, the appdb pages themselves are somewhat intimidating.
Not sure what to do about that; it would be a lot of work to design
and implement something cleaner.

So -- if every once in a while I pick a product to focus on, and make
a wiki page about it to give a better user experience than the appdb
can -- please cut me a little slack.

Thanks!