[Wine] Re: MS Office Word 2003

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 2 17:02:10 CDT 2008

Nikolo wrote:
> I have finally managed to install office 2003. I can now start everything as a normal (non root) user. Many thanks to all the Wine community and to dimesio for suppport.
>
> One very small problem remains : Word only works in safe mode. Any fix for this ?  :D
>
> Nikolo

That shouldn't happen.

Did you follow my directions and delete your old ~/.wine before reinstalling? If not, do it, and reinstall.

If that doesn't fix it--did you override riched20? if you did, try removing the override. If that fixes it, but you need to be able to use the thesaurus, then upgrade to Wine 1.1.5; there's no problem with the override in that version.

If none of these suggestions fix the problem, run Word from a terminal and post whatever messages appear.
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-3b297df7a5411abe2b8d37fead01a2b8edc21619