[Wine] Call of Duty 4

Mike ghoti2007 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 22:39:41 CDT 2008

Ilhamlet wrote:
> http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=12804&iTestingId=31507
> Peoples say that they are get working Pb and multiplayer  :)  But in wine 1.1.5 i get game crash. What i need to do for removing black screen on startup or launch cod4 on 1.1.5

Those patches allow the services to run and connect to evenbalance,
yes,  but punkbuster will still kick you.  If you don't get kicked for
"Unknown API function" you will get kicked for "Disallowed program/drivers".

You should read through the discussion where the patches came from, this
has all been discussed numerous times by numerous people.

On a side note, CoD4 runs perfectly with my git-wine, not dlls, no
directx needed, can your video card play this?