[Wine] Re: [Game] Pathologic: help me create a useful bug report

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 6 08:56:45 CDT 2008

DMB wrote:
> Appdb entry (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=8352)
>
> I'm trying to get all my games to run under linux, but of cause a few are giving me problems, and Pathologic is one of the few that really bothers me.
>
> As far as I can tell, the game uses DirectX9, Windows Media format (cinematics), and OpenAL. Of the three, the WMF dependency is the most annoying, as it in turn requires windows media player, which makes installation something of a chore.

WMP you can install using winetricks: http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks

Some games that use OpenAL crash on Wine (with devision by 0 - an OpenAL bug) or
their sound doesn't work at all. Try downloading latest OpenAL drivers from Creative (openal.dll & wrap_oal.dll) and replace those that came with a game.