[Wine] Logitech G11 keyboard and wine

PleegWat pleegwat at telfort.nl
Mon Oct 6 14:25:27 CDT 2008

Hi,

I've been reading this list for a while, and now I've got an issue of my
own.

A week or two ago, I got myself a logitech G11 keyboard, mainly for the
extra buttons. It's working fine on windows, and in linux with
g15daemon, but I'm having trouble getting the extra keys (G1-G18) it to
work in wine.

I've searched around on the internet, but most I managed to find is
about the G15's screen.

I've tried myself to get it to work by setting keysyms to characters
that aren't normally on the keyboard with xmodmap, and this seems to
work for a limited subset of my keys. I've run wine with WINEDEBUG=+key,
and interestingly, the set of keys that works with a keysym set is
exactly the list of keys for which it prints a line like:

trace:key:X11DRV_InitKeyboard assigning scancode 6a to unidentified
keycode 8a (G16)

I've verified this by keysymming all extra buttons to the @ sign, and
using 'wine notepad' to test which ones work.

I'm running a current dev verison from GIT.