[Wine] winspool.drv

xstaticxgpx wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 6 15:14:31 CDT 2008

Recently I've been having a problem with winspool.drv taking an extremely long time to initialize - about 5 minutes. I've had no problems running the apps/games I need, but they take awhile to start and can get very frustrating... I've tried placing winspool.drv/.exe from windows xp into my system32 but that only created more problems.

This issue started randomly (wine 1.1.5) and I have no idea why. I'm running Arch x64 and the only thing that changed on my system was some package upgrades (downgrading didnt fix the problem so it's not that) - any feedback would be greatly appreciated.