[Wine] "User's $HOME/.dmrc file is being ignored" after compilation

Fazer wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 8 11:07:09 CDT 2008

Each time I compile Wine and restart Ubuntu (8.04), there's an error just after I log in:

"User's $HOME/.dmrc file is being ignored. This prevents the default session and language from being saved. File should be owned by user and have 644 permissions. User's $HOME directory must be owned by user and not writable by other users."

These commands fix this, but when I recompile Wine, the bug's back again. What is going on?

Code:
sudo chmod 755 /home
sudo chmod 755 /home/user
sudo chmod 644 /home/user/.dmrc