[Wine] Re: Is there a way to protect Wine?

Tlarhices wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 8 21:25:48 CDT 2008

DOS4dinner wrote:
> sorry for the confusion. I entered WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine-yournewgame into the terminal and ran it. It created the new .winehypegame folder. Now, how do I use it? (Forgive me, I'm a bit of a n00b to wine and Linux)

Each time you want to run this game, instead of :

Code:
wine mygame.exe

Use :

Code:
WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine-yournewgame wine mygame.exe

It will tell wine where the drive_c and configuration is.

For the applications in your default wine prefix (~/.wine) you can use wine directly.

If you want to run it from a shortcut, you will have to modify the shortcut to take into account the WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine-yournewgame part.