[Wine] Re: Excel Solver Add-In / Alternatives

lJoublanc wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 9 10:50:25 CDT 2008

dimesio wrote:
> As noted in the bug report, dcom98 doesn't work with Office 2003/7. You could try removing dcom98 and using ole32, oleaut32, and rpcrt4 from XP.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I've gone ahead and tried this, with no success. It now says 'cannot use object linking and embedding', followed by 'An error occured initializing the VBA libraries (14)' and finally "microsoft excel cannot access the file 'C:\program files\microsoft office\OFFICE11\library\solver\solver.xla' " ...

I can't find anything related to this in the forums ...