[Wine] Re: No program start icon

scutiform wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 10 13:43:43 CDT 2008

I use Wine v1.0.  there is no terminal output.  I put the cd into the drive, select the .exe program that installs the program, click open with "wine windows program loader" and follow any instructions on the screen.  I have tried several Windows programs and none of them put a program start icon on the desktop.  Up until a month or so ago, they ALL installed a desktop icon.  There are only a handful of Windows programs that we still use, but navigating down a page full of dll's to find the right exe could get a bit wearing. [Crying or Very sad]