[Wine] Call of Duty 4: Unable to start

Warren Dumortier nwarrenfl at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 04:53:25 CDT 2008

Hello!

When trying to install CoD4 from the DVD, the installation works pretty
well, i disagree to install DirectX and PunkBuster, and when finishing i get
following error:
http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capturegz7.png

I don't know if it's a bug, error or both, but it seems like it is
installed, so i tried to launch multiplayer. Then i get following on my
screen:
http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capture1nf8.png

But when doing alt-tab i can see there's a window error, but i can't see it,
so i tried running wine desktop in windowed mode, and i get folowwing error:

But this file is present in my installation, i even tried installing several
times, but all the same problem!
http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capture2ip4.png

Here are the logs:
Launching multiplayer -> http://pastebin.be/14244
Launching multiplayer in windowed desktop mode -> http://pastebin.be/14245

Can someone help me, sorry for screenshots, i know some persons hate them,
but it's to be really clear!

Thanks, kind regards