[Wine] Team Fortress 2 - Black Stripes

nzrock95 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 12 12:44:02 CDT 2008

Hello everyone.

I installed Steam and Team Fortress 2 a few weeks ago. After sorting out some minor problems (Tahoma font, etc), Team Fortress 2 ran fine (and even faster than on Vista). However, I started encountering problems today. There are horizontal stripes going across the screen (starts at the main menu of TF2 and stays until I exit TF2). The game DOES NOT freeze, and I can even join a server and play. However, not being able to see half of the screen takes away from the game.

I use Ubuntu 8.0.4 (x64) and Wine 1.1.6. Yes, I do have -dxlevel 81 as a launch option.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.