[Wine] Lack of DOS support in wine

mangamuscle wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 12 16:58:14 CDT 2008

I am curious how come Wine has no direct support for DOS but has support for Windows 2,3 & 95 (which required DOS for their installation). I think of Wine as an utility to run legacy software and DOS compromises a big chunk of it. I know I can use Dosbox but it would be better for the end user if one program could run in linux all software made for m$. As a bonus, Dosbox also is open source, so I think it would be feasible to merge their source into Wine.

By no means I am trying to anger anyone with this post, I am simply curious.