[Wine] IrfanView vs FastStone: wine in Ubuntu

Teresa binstock binstock at peakpeak.com
Wed Oct 15 07:59:57 CDT 2008

I tried Irfanview via wine in my Ubuntu laptop. Install seemed to occur,
but desktop IrfanView icon did not work.  There seemed to may to make
IrfanView run via wine. So I tried FastStone. Its install worked, and
its desktop icon was functional. I've read numerous threads about
problems installing IrfanView via wine on LInux machines. I wonder what
FastStone has done correctly that IrfanView is omitting. I'd like to
give IrfanView a try on my Linux laptop. Perhaps a wine person or
several as a constructive suggestion.

Ubuntu 8.04.1 on Asus 901, 2 gig ram.

.