[Wine] Re: Getting game to run: directories

Stevewy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 15 10:58:46 CDT 2008

Ah, well I didn't exactly "install" the game into Wine, so it doesn't appear in the Applications/Wine/programs menu in Ubuntu.  Although the "right click the icon" method has worked with a lot of Windows executables before.  I cannot install the game because it is downloaded as a zip file, containing a folder with all the files in.  You just unpack the Zip and run the executable.

"PWD" gives:

/home/steve/Zenith

and the command I used was:

Wine Zenith.exe

Actually, I think the game is trying to start because I am now getting a terminal up (which I think is created by the Zenith program itself) saying:

Error 0009: Could not start sound @ Form.Create; Game will proceed without sound.
Unexpected Exception: Access violation at address 00000000 in module 'Zenith.exe'. Read of address 00000000