[Wine] Can't Install office 2003 ?

servo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 17 13:23:37 CDT 2008

May be is just me, but i am pretty sure i did all on my hands to fix it but i could not do it.

if i did something wrong,  don't hesitate to tell me all the wrong i was.

I use uTorrent and works great, and some proprietary software from my office and works fine too.  just to test I Install firefox, and even adobe plugin. and all is OK

Now to my issue

Maybe is the Language  because I use Mandriva 2009 in Spanish and my
office 2003 is in Spanish.

May be is because my Mandriva is  64 bits.  ( HP dv9010us  AMD  turion 64x2 )

Maybe is the wine. i Used wine 1.1.6  and after ,I change to wine 1.1.4  and with both have same problem

In all the test I have errase the folder  .wine   so it runs like a new installation.

In this particular case, i Just need Excel and Access , but i have try with the full office or just part or all conbinations I imagine. and in every case, I have the same output.

I have try

http://dannybuntu.blogspot.com/2007/12/i-ran-ms-office-2003-under-wine-too.html?showComment=1213003920000

and

http://www.wine-reviews.net/microsoft/running-ms-office-2003-under-linux-with-wine-0952.html

The problem is that the Installation ends unexpectedly  at the end of the installation. if i do an Unistall, all the software and DLL are not removed.

here is the las part of my Output

fixme:typelib:SLTG_DoVars VAR_CONST unimplemented for type 22
fixme:typelib:SLTG_DoVars VAR_CONST unimplemented for type 22
fixme:typelib:SLTG_DoVars VAR_CONST unimplemented for type 22
fixme:typelib:SLTG_DoVars VAR_CONST unimplemented for type 22
fixme:ole:SLTG_DoRefs fname = C:\WINNT35\System32\stdole32.tlb#OLE
err:typelib:sltg_get_typelib_ref Unable to find reference
err:typelib:sltg_get_typelib_ref Unable to find reference
fixme:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Header type magic 0x00ec5a4d not supported.
err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Archivos de programa\\Microsoft Office\\OFFICE11\\GREN50.OLB" failed with error 0
err:msi:ITERATE_RegisterTypeLibraries Failed to load type library: 80029c4a
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"InstallFinalize" returned 1627
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"ExecuteAction" returned 1627
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
[ahernan at localhost MS-Office 2003]$ fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub
fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub
fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub
fixme:imm:ImmDisableIME (-1): stub
fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub
fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceW ((null),L"Microsoft Office 11"): stub
fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x00001388,(nil),0x000b,0x000000d6,0x300971b4,0x7df9f9e4): stub
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"office11setup"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"{90110c0a-6000-11d3-8cfe-0150048383c9}"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"11.0.5614.0"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"NIL"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"NIL"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"NIL"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"NIL"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"NIL"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"NIL"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"NIL"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"NIL"
fixme:advapi:DeregisterEventSource (0xcafe4242) stub
fixme:wininet:InternetGetConnectedState always returning LAN connection.