[Wine] Errors when running an Install proram

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 18 19:45:27 CDT 2008

Douglas Murray wrote:
> Good Afternoon All,
>
> I am new in using WINE (1st try at it in fact)  and need some help in
> running an IE 7 installation program that produces the following error
> message:
>
> *Unable to find a volume for File Extraction.
> Please verify that you have proper permissions
> *
> When I check with Explorer, I have Drive C, H and Z.  The only thing that
> comes to mind is the /Windows/Temp directory... maybe something wrong there?
>
> Does anyone have a resonable explanation / solution to my problem?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Doug!

Douglas:

Does the program require that you have IE 7 installed or is it an
installer for IE 7.  It may be possible in the first case to use the
fake IE that is provided by Wine.  In the second case, Wine does not
support installation of IE.  I highly recommend getting and installing
the Windows version of FireFox and seeing if that will suffice.

James McKenzie