[Wine] Drop-down menus won't stay open

walt w41ter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 10:50:51 CDT 2008

I'm running wine-1.1.6 (and I've also tried wine.git), which has
funny problem with Windows menus.

I use a stock charting program (from myTrack.com) that uses two
kinds of menus, popup and dropdown, and they each have different
problems when run under wine.

The dropdown menus won't stay open for more than one second before
they close themselves.  If I'm really quick I can make a selection,
but it's very difficult.

The popup menus pop up okay and remain open but when I make a
selection absolutely nothing happens.  Both kinds of menus work
normally when running under native XP or Vista.

I should mention that the actual charting package is an ocx
control that is spawned by the primary software package, and
the primary program's menus work normally.

Anyone seen this before?  Does it suggest a possible mechanism?

Thanks.