[Wine] Wacraft 3 Support deteriorating

Sanix wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 19 16:36:38 CDT 2008

Hi,
I am / was Wine mainly using for playing Warcraft 3. I know it's an old game but it's still highly popular. The problem is, with each new version the support gets worse and worse. There are even people in BugZilla who show the bit of code, which creates the new bugs but nothing happens.

For example with the newest dev release and the current stable release it is NOT possible to:
- Host
- Use alt + tab

It runs very performantly on the other hand but hosting is a crucrial feature, alt tab is also a pretty good feature. This works in the version 0.945 (the only bug there is that the resolution is not adjusted while alt tabbing, but I guess everybody can live with that). I'm an ubuntu user, so using an old version, creates a lot of troubles on my system. Actually it's not even possible to install it via gui but on the command line, fucking up my update manager, which gets a lot of depency problems.
I tried to compile a new version with the code hints from the bugzilla, but it was not possible. I was trying for 2 days, but so many libraries which need to have the exact version and so on. Sometimes you can't even find a solution (heaps of users having the same problems).