[Wine] Regarding "Unable to open slave"

sainath wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 20 00:33:28 CDT 2008

* Starting TiMidity++ ALSA midi emulation...
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:874:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave

I got this problem when i used Synthesia application in wine .I got no sound.Then i changed something under winecfg then it worked one day effectively. But i can't remember what i did.

Now i want to install wine by source code . when i installed build dependencies for ubuntu hardy after installing , it reported a failure showing the same error.

After i configured the wine source code for installing ./configure  It reported several problems in config.log. I tried to install packages to solve those errors using synaptic package manager .Every package i installed reports same problem.

I doubt whether it will  cause any problem for my wine installation?
how i can solve this?